PROJECT: Exchange of information and promotion of cooperation for increasing energy efficiency of energy resource use and facilitation for changing consumer patterns in the Baltic states
Donor: Project is financed by EEA financial mechanism, Norwegian financial mechanism and Latvian state budget with mediation of the Foundation of Society Integration.
Duration: from the 1st November, 2007 to the 31st December, 2008.
Overall goal: To promote exchange of information and cooperation among involved stakeholders to increase efficiency of energy resource use and promote sustainable use of nature resources as well as to promote change of consumption patterns of inhabitants in the Baltic States
• To assess on the current access of information on energy resource use efficiency at municipalities in the Baltic States;
• To evaluate the information materials for inhabitants on increasing of energy use efficiency at households;
• To assess the knowledge and consumption patterns of inhabitants on energy use at households;
• To gather the best practice examples on sound use of energy resources in the EU and EEA countries and foster their adoption at households in the Baltic States;
• To support the experience exchange and cooperation networks of municipalities and other involved stakeholders (NGO, state institutions) on energy use efficiency.
Target group: municipalities, NGOs in Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania.
Project is going to be implemented by Baltic Environmental Forum Latvia in cooperation with Balti Keskkonnaforum, Estonia; Baltijos Aplinkos Forumas, Lithuania and Baltic Environmental Forum, Germany.
For more detailed information: please contact Estonian co-ordinator:
Tel: +372 6597 027
PROJECT: Developing concepts for innovative and energy efficient construction of new buildings
Donor: Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (German Federal Foundation for the Environment).
Duration: October 2007 till March 2009
Project background and objectives:
The project is intended to mark the initial point of a larger programme of measures of the Baltic Environmental Forum Group for fostering the development of energy saving construction of new buildings in the Baltic States. The overall objective of this project is to lay the basis for integrated planning in the region. The necessary prior actions to achieve this target shall themselves in detail aim at the following five goals:
- Fostering successful best-practice adaptation concepts: To foster a successful adaptation concept for best-practice of energy efficient buildings/houses in the Baltic States from Germany and Western Europe
- Understanding the knowledge gaps of construction-related stakeholders: To understand the real knowledge gaps among construction experts (architects, engineers, craftsmen, and other related stakeholders and developing an appropriate training concept to fill these gaps
- Development of a strategy to guide consumer patterns: The development of a strategy which shall tap into the slowly changing consumer behaviour, raising their awareness and understanding for saving energy
- Strengthening local capacities: The capacities of local experts among the BEF network with regard to the previously mentioned topics shall be raised to broaden and deepen foundation for sustainable knowledge sources in the region.
Ensuring uninterrupted sustainability by planning further steps to for implementation of the results
Architects, Craftsmen, Politicians, NGOs, and clients willing to built a new house
- Preparation of a publication of the best practice adaptation concepts
- National meetings with trainers and experts
Baltic Environmental Forum Germany
Baltic Environmental Forum Latvia
Baltic Environmental Forum Estonia
Baltic Environmental Forum Lithuania
Riga Energy Agency
For more information please contact:
Tel: +372 6597 027