Overview on the project
Title: “Information exchange and promotion of cooperation among municipalities in addressing the urban environment problems at the three Baltic States”
The project was financially supported by the European Union, Phare 2003 “Cross Border Co-operation Programme in the Baltic Sea Region” (LV2003/005-876).
Implementation of the project: 01.12.2005 - 30.09.2006
Location – Latvia, as well as Lithuania and Estonia (especially at their boarder-regions).
The overall goal of the project was to promote exchange of information and cooperation among municipalities in Latvia, and for strengthening of these institutions to involve municipalities from boarder regions in Lithuania and Estonia thus supporting the Baltic regional development.
The specific objectives of the action were as follows:
• To assess the current situation on addressing the issues on urban environment, especially on transport and energy resources use at the Baltic States
• To provide information to municipalities and other involved stakeholders in the Baltic States on transport and energy resources use related to urban environment
• To promote experience exchange among experts in municipalities on addressing the environmental problems related to transport and energy resources use in cities
• To facilitate development of the expert network for experience exchange on issues of transport and energy resources use for addressing of urban environment problems
• To promote and disseminate the project results to municipalities and other relevant stakeholders
Target group: Municipalities at cities and towns in Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania, associations of municipalities and unions of cities in the Baltic States, as well as competent authorities
- Evaluation “Problem mapping” with regard to urban environment aspects on transport and energy resources use in municipalities at the Baltic states
- International workshop on energy resource use in municipalities of Latvia, involving also Lithuanian and Estonian municipalities;
* 4-5 April 2006 in Sigulda, Latvia „Increase of energy efficiency and use of energy sources at local level“
- Publication on environmental aspects of energy resources use at municipalities, can be downloaded from http://www.bef.lv/?s=317&t=510
- International workshop on integration of environmental aspects in the transport sector at the Baltic States ;
* 14-15 June 2006 in Jurmala, Latvia "Environmental aspects related to transport and mobility in cities"
- Visibility of action
More information of the project and its results you can find from http://www.bef.lv/?s=314&l=1
For more information, please contact
Tel: +372 6604 766
Fax: + 372 6604 766